Tuesday, November 15, 2005

All Are Welcome

I think I should point out that while the primary focus here is 3rd FASCP, largely because that was my platoon during Desert Storm, all are welcome. That includes people from 1st & 2nd FASCP, GP Platoon, and indeed other companies.

For the last reunion, I had a Guidon custom made. It looks like a regular B Company, 82nd Signal Battalion Guidon (Orange, with white Signal Corp crossflags & torch along with B, and 82S) but it has the word "Reunion" on the bottom. (Note no specific mention of 3rd FASCP). Then, I had a green streamer made specific to that reunion. It read, "3rd FASCP 2001" (if I remember correctly).

My intent was that as the years go by, each time we get together we'll add a streamer to the guidon. Often, that streamer will read 3rd FASCP and the year, but it doesnt' necessarily have to. It might just as well read "Joint Reunion 2005".

Robert Bunton is the current reunion Guidon Bearer -- we sent it home with him from the last reunion. I guess that means he has an obligation to be at the next reunion.

No comments: